July 14, 2010


I’ve been wanting to embroider for a very long time. Any kind of craft you make is definitely upgraded when you embroider it. (even paper! Like collages, cards, boxes, notebook covers, just about anything). But since I am very slow at it, it seemed like too much time for such a small result.




Well, it looks like the old saying “the right time for the right thing” is true.
I had this very well fitting shirt, nice and soft fabric and all,
but the ruffles on it really bothered me since day one.

After buying The New Crewel, by Katherine Shaughnessy, (http://www.amazon.com/New-Crewel-Exquisite-Contemporary-Embroidery/dp/157990680X/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1278881837&sr=8-2-catcorr)




I thought it was a great opportunity to practice and came up with
the idea of replacing those ruffles with some embroidery.



I made some spider webs in three colors.

Red, blue and green

No comments:

Post a Comment