July 8, 2010

SOMETHING NEW

 
I'm trying something new (for me at least).

I started embroidering something I sketched on fabric.



I am going to try to assemble a panel which will combine
embroidery, painting, collage and knitting.
I don't have a clear picture in my mind of how I want it to look,
but that is how my creative process works.

In the beginning, this uncertainty used to freak me out,
but now I have grown to get used to it.
(I know now that I can remake and remake again
untill the results satisfy me).
I've actually started to like this "not knowing where
it goes" kind of feeling. It makes the process so much
more fun and enjoyable. And less stressing because of
that too.



2 comments:

  1. I find hand embroidery to be relaxing. The slow rhythm of it really puts my mind at ease, and it makes me feel so accomplished to see all my little stitches. Your work is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are soooo right!
    I am starting to find it relaxing.
    Thanks for your sweet comment.

    By the way, I visited your blog and added it to my Google Reader.
    I love your projects and especially the colors you chose for them. you have a great taste for fabrics!

    ReplyDelete