February 24, 2011

POM POM lap quilt

When I first saw Pom Pom by French General I fell in love with the colors and the delicate and feminine prints. Since I had no idea what I was going to make with it (and don't we all just HAVE to have fabric we love?) I ordered a Layer Cake at www.fatquartershop.com .

The most logical thing that came to my mind was to explore the fact that the fabric came all cut out. (Yay! no hassling with the rotary cutter). I arranged the pieces as well as I could since there was no method in the prints and colors that came in the layer cake.

I can't say that I'm too pleased with the end result since I like a more organised and repetitive layout, but it came out ok.

I sewed the pieces together and am planning in turning it into a lap quilt. I'm sure that it will look lovely, but I'm already deciding which prints I like best so that I can order some extra yardage for further sewing.
















No comments:

Post a Comment