August 7, 2011

Sewing Bin Mat

You may ask yourselves:
What on earth is a sewing bin mat?
Well, I didn't quite know what to call it.
You see, I got this organizer
so I could take my sewing essentials
to applique class every monday.
It's very handy,
everything I need fits in it perfectly,
and it's light (an absolutely crucial
requirement for me).
So... what's wrong with it?
Well, I'll tell you a secret about me:
I hate the sound hard objects
make on hard surfaces.
Like scissors on a plastic surface.
(The thought alone makes me cringe).

Tapetinho para a maleta de costura
Voces devem estar se perguntando:
o que é isso exatamente?
Bom, eu não sabia que nome dar.
Comprei uma maletinha pra levar
meus apetrechos de costura
para a aula de aplique todas as segundas de manhã.
Ela tem um excelente tamanho, cabe tudo que preciso,
é super prática e é leve
(pra mim, um característica extremamente importante).




So I decided to make a little mat for the inside of it.
(all my hard surfaces - tables, counters, etc...
have mats on them).
And since it has a very odd shape,
I started by tracing the inside of it on batting,
and now I'm sewing together some squares
and borders till it reaches the size.
I'm going to cut the shape on the sewed top,
even though it means losing some
sewn fabric in the edges.
I decided this was an easier way
to do it than measuring every corner
and designing the pieces of fabrics to match it.
I'm sure that designing squares especially
for this shape would make a nicer little mat,
but I just thought it was
too much work, for what it is.
(wheeew... this is the longest post
I've ever written... he he)

O problema é que eu ABOMINO o som que
um objeto duro faz no plástico. Como as tesouras
no fundo da maletinha por exemplo.
Então resolvi fazer um tapetinho pra colocar no fundo.
E como o formato é um tanto estranho, primeiro tracei-o
na manta e resolvi costurar quadrados
e bordas nele. No final, vai sobrar
tecido por causa da forma, mas achei que
assim daria menos trabalho do que medir
exatamente cada reentrância e canto.
(noooosssssa... essa é a postagem
mais comprida que já escrevi...rsrs!!)






 


1 comment:

  1. Só vontade, hein? Mas vai ficar no capricho, pra deixar as suas coisas bem arrumadinhas.

    ReplyDelete